Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology
The Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG) program recognizes hospitals and surgeons around the world who provide exceptional minimally invasive gynecologic surgical care and are dedicated to continuously improving healthcare quality and patient safety.
The goal of the COEMIG program is to improve patient safety and satisfaction, increase access to minimally invasive gynecologic procedures and provide data-driven results through the COEMIG Outcomes Database available to all COEMIG surgeons. The COEMIG program serves the present and future needs of patients and providers by addressing the issues facing the specialty, including:
- Difficulty in identifying excellence for patients and providers
- The need to control care provider costs and outcomes (including reimbursement and malpractice rates)
- Use of outdated procedures
- The need to establish universal standards to measure program performance
- Lack of a central outcomes database
COEMIG designation is available to surgeons, hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers around the world that provide minimally invasive gynecologic surgical care on an inpatient and outpatient basis.